Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY 7 - A Gift That Cannot Be Replaced


This post was hard for me to get through while writing it. The photo today is of a dish given to me by my Aunt  in Tennessee. She LOVES collecting anything that has to do with Coca-Cola. She has collected so many items over the years and they are definitely of great importance to her. Today I went into the kitchen to get something to eat and remembered that my mom brought me these dishes. My Aunt gave them to me for me to have and cherish something that she loves. It was hard for me to write this because of the other reasoning behind the gift to me. My aunt is currently fighting Breast Cancer. This is an UGLY disease and I cannot imagine her having to deal with this. I hate that she is. She is an absolutely strong woman and has us as her family behind her helping her through. Its hard for me because I have not been able to get up to Tennessee to see her mainly and my other family members. I haven't seen her in a number of years since I moved down to Florida and I hate that. I am planning to make sure I get up there within the next month or so in order to spend some time with her. I just want her to know that I love her even though I am so far away and not around at all. I will cherish the dishes that she has given to me but it will never replace her or her love that she has for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment